A suction issue on a swimming pool's piping system could be a result of a number of things including the following:
- the o-ring (seal) under the pump lid has fallen out or is not in properly or there are leaves/sticks stuck on it causing it to not seal 100%.
- the pool pump overheated due to a blocked suction pipe or a blocked filter causing the suction fitting to have warped and thus allow air in.
- the suction pipe is blocked which is restricting water flow into the pump.
- the filter is blocked causing excessive back pressure into the pump preventing the water from moving through the pump and the system.
- the shaft seal is damaged or worn and air is being sucked in from the back of the pump body (this is not a typical problem, though).
- the suction pipe has a hole/crack or there's a loose fitting somewhere between the pump and the weir (i.e. underground).
|Back||Back to top|